Its great being a woman isn’t it? Nothing feels better than being a strong woman who can take care of her self and work hard for her own shit. Its good to have a man, but to have a good man, you need to be a good woman who is hard working, mature and deserving. So here goes, some of the things that i think every woman over 25 years should know / achieved;
- Know how to live alone, even if she doesn’t like it – This will teach you independence, budgeting, planning and control.
- Have enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to or needs to – This is what 3rd salaries are for. Make your own money, don’t be the type of a woman who waits for a man to make something out of her.
- Have something perfect to wear if the employer, or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour – and an option of two. I say have a suit, 2 great office outfits, a great fitting pair of jeans and 2 LBD’s.
- Have a youth she’s content to leave behind – Life is for living, take risks, get inked, go out of town, drink too much, smoke something illegal, enjoy your youth.
- Have a past juicy enough that she’s looking forward to retelling it in her old age – Since you don’t have Mau mau stories, please don’t bore your grand-kids, have stories ; that out of town saga, your holiday in the states, that boy you have never forgotten…
- Have one friend who always makes her laugh… and one who lets her cry.
- Have a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family
- Have eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal, that will make her guests feel honored – I have my Pork chops with mashed potatoes. Yum yum
- Have a feeling of control over her destiny – take your self back to school, make decisions about where you live and what your drive. Don’t be afraid to do things your way
- Know how to fall in love without losing herself – A lesson i should have already learned before meeting PMK
- Know how to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship
- Know when to try harder… and when to walk away – In love and in life
- Know that she can’t change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents
- Know that her childhood may not have been perfect…but its over
- Know what she would and wouldn’t do for love – I know you never really learn enough not to get your heart broken, but every woman has a breaking point
- Know whom she can trust, whom she can’t, and why she shouldn’t take it personally
- Know where to go… be it to her best friend’s kitchen table… or a charming inn in the woods… when her soul needs soothing
- Know what she can and can’t accomplish in a day… a month…and a year…
“Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition”